Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I'm sitting here in our room at the Crockett Hotel, listening to the soothing sounds of Sam Young's laptop keyboard clicking away. It's 8:07pm. And today was an awesome day.

I flew in a day early to take in San Antonio a bit. I was wondering how I would get around until I realized that EVERYTHING is within walking distance from the hotel. The Alamo is literally right across the street. The Convention Center is 5 blocks away. I'm liking it already.

Let me just say that if you ever get the chance, go visit the Alamo. It is an incredible experience, and will help you understand why Texans are so patriotic, not only about America, but about Texas.

Don't tell anyone, but I got a bit teary-eyed in there myself.

We'll keep you posted as the week progresses. The festival starts tomorrow! Go Dialtone!!

-- Gary Voelker
D.P. and Editor, Dialtone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would agree with this opinion, but I’m starting to see things differently.